RIGHT NEIGHBOURHOOD. RIGHT PRICE. RIGHT HOME.
We’ve got a process that we customize for you.
When you buy your home with us, you can be sure that no detail will be overlooked. If you’re looking for a real estate team that knows Kingston’s neighbourhoods, understands home construction (past techniques and present practices), and will be by your side throughout the entire process, give us a call.
When you buy a home using the It’s Your Move real estate team, here’s some of what you can expect:
BEFORE THE HUNT BEGINS
1. The Big Picture
We’ll sit down with you to get the big picture. We’ll cover all the bases – why you want to buy, what your goals are, where you’re going and when you want to get there. This will help us set out a plan that makes the purchase of your home go as smoothly as possible. We’ll cover all the big issues like:
- Your timeline, price range, needs, wants, and dreams
- Which neighbourhood is best suited to your lifestyle
- What you can expect to find in your price range
- Do you need ‘move in ready’ or is a ‘fixer upper’ best for you
- What to be aware of in certain areas – flooding? aluminum wiring?
2. The ‘Hidden’ Costs
Buying a home isn’t just about the deposit and your down payment. There are many other costs to consider. We’ll cover all of that with you.
1. Getting to know your neighbourhoods
Kingston may not be a sprawling mega centre like Toronto but it’s still got it’s nuances, special enclaves, and places to avoid. The first few times out with us you’ll learn:
- The pros and cons of each location
- Typical values for each area
- Things to look out for
- What to consider when it comes to resale
- Situational trends
2. Narrowing the field
Once we’ve uncovered the area that really works for you, it’s time to get focused. We’ll help you sort through:
- The pros and cons of each home
- Future saleability
- Trouble spots to look into on inspection
- Taking a step back and asking – are we still on track?
1. Bringing it all together
We’re proud of all the work that we do, and we’re especially proud of how we manage and negotiate offers. With us, you’ll never feel pressured and you’ll always know we’re on your side. Here’s some of what’s involved:
- A complete market analysis
- A full explanation of all the forms, conditions and clauses
- Open discussion about strategy and positioning
- Clauses and conditions that work for you
2. All the right people
Buying a home means co-ordinating with many different people and professions. Once we’ve got an accepted offer, and even before in some cases, we’ll help put you in touch with local professionals to help walk you through the conditions and beyond. We can connect you with:
- Mortgage agents (of course, you’ll already have one by now)
- Insurance agents
- Home Inspectors
- Water/Well testing contractors
- Septic tank pump out and inspection
- Interior designers
- …and more
AFTER THE SALE
1. Bringing it all together
We’re not quite done yet. Once your home is officially purchased things can still feel a little hectic and overwhelming. We’re here to help.
- Closings “to do” list
- Set up tradespeople for any required repairs
- Help with transition to new home or city
- Communication with lawyers, mortgage professionals, insurance agents, etc…
- Celebrate (we’ll even do this with you!)
We’ll stay in touch too, so if you’re interested in how the market is looking a year after your purchase, or have other questions, just let us know.
- Real estate market updates and insights
- Client events – like movie day, cask fest, sleigh rides
- Unexpected gifts of thanks – how about some apple cider, a citronella candle for your deck, or a jug of windshield wiper fluid just when you need it most.
- Check ins – whether it’s a phone call, text, or Facebook message we want to know how you’re doing. If there’s something we can help you with we want to know.
Visit our Resources section for more helpful information.